ISB insurance, inc.
PURPOSE OF THIS NOTICE
Title V of the Gram-Leach-Bliley Act ( GLBA ) generally prohibits any financial institution, including insurance agents, directly or though its affiliates, from sharing nonpublic personal information about you with a non-affiliated third party unless the institution provides you with a notice of its privacy policies and practices, such as the type of information that it collects about you and the categories of persons or entities to who it may be disclosed. In compliance with the GLBA , we are providing you with this document, which notifies you of the privacy policies and practices of ISB insurance, inc.
- Information we collect: We collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information we received from you on applications or other forms
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates or others
- Information we receive from a consumer-reporting agency
- Information we obtain from governmental entities
- Information available from an inspection of your property
- Information from medical sources in connection with policy issuance or service
- We do not collect information from internet cookies.
- Information we may disclose to third parties: Information which has been collected about you will be contained in either company records or in our files. We review it in evaluating your request for insurance coverage and in determining your rates. We will also use information in our policy records for purposes related to issuing and servicing insurance policies and settling claims. We may disclose personal information to others in order to service, process or administer business such as underwriting and claims operations. In this context, we may disclose ( i ) information we receive from you on applications and other forms, including information such as assets, income, and identifying information such as name, address, and social security number; (ii) transaction information such as information about balances, payment history and parties to the transaction; (iii) information from consumer-reporting agencies such as a consumer’s credit worthiness and credit history; and (iv) information we receive from governmental bodies such as your driving record
- Nonaffiliated third parties to whom disclosures may be made: We disclose nonpublic personal information about you only to non-affiliated third parties as permitted by law. We do not sell any information collected by us to any third party.
- Our practices regarding information confidentiality and security: We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information in order to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information.
- Reservation of the right to disclose information in unforeseen circumstances: In connection with the potential sale or transfer of its interest, ISB insurance, inc. reserves the right to sell or transfer your information (including but not limited to your name, address, age, sex, zip code, state and country of residency and other information that you provide through other communications) to a third party entity that (1) concentrates its business in a similar practice or services; (2) agrees to be ISB insurance, inc’s successor in interest with regard to the maintenance and protection of the information collected; and (3) agrees to the obligations of this privacy statement.
ISB Insurance Inc.
1036 Main St.
Hull, Iowa 51239